5CO01 Organisational Performance And Culture In Practice-
5CO01 Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice – CIPD Level 5 course in Human Resources
Task – Questions
Knowledge and understanding for this core unit will be assessed by written answers to ten separate questions which are detailed in the forth coming slides.
1.Organisations differ in terms of structure, the products and/or services offered and customers.
a. Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of two types of organisation structures, including the reasons underpinning them. (AC 1.1)
b. Analyse connections between organisational strategy, products, services and customers. (AC 1.2)
2. All organisations are affected to some extent by external factors and trends. The impact of these factors and trends could be positive, neutral or negative, some are short-lived whilst others are long-lasting. Analyse a range of external factors and trends currently impacting organisations. Identify organisational priorities arising from the factors and trends analysed. (AC1.3)
3. The CIPD’s report Workplace Technology: the employee experience (2020:2) states, ‘the impact of the latest technology revolution on how organisations create value and on the way people work spans all industries, economies and parts of society’. Assess the scale of technology within organisations and how it impacts work.
4. Drawing on your reading, explain one theory or model which examines organisational culture AND interpret one theory or model which examines human behaviour.
5. Assess how people practices impact on organisational culture and behaviour, drawing on examples to support your arguments.
6. Many organisations have managed considerable change in recent years. CIPD’s report, People Profession 2030: a collective view of future trends (2020) identifies ‘internal change’ as a key future trend.
a. Explain different approaches to managing change (AC 2.3)
b. Discuss models for how change is experienced. (AC 2.4)
7. CIPD’s Good Work Index provides an annual benchmark of job quality. Data is gathered on seven dimensions of good work, including ‘health and wellbeing’. Assess the importance of wellbeing at work and factors which impact wellbeing.
8. Discuss the links between the employee lifecycle and different people practice roles.
9. Analyse how people practice connects with other areas of an organisation and supports wider people and organisational strategies.
10. People professionals provide a service to internal customers but to truly add value, people professions need to understand their customer’s needs. Discuss processes for consulting and engaging with internal customers to understand their needs.
February 2, 2023
February 2, 2023