5N0758: Reflect On Importance Of Building Positive Relationships Within The Care Sector: Care Support Coursework, OC, Ireland
Journal No. 1: Reflect on importance of building positive relationships within the care sector Guidelines for this journal would involve addressing each of the following:
- Reflect on types of relationships you have had with a client OR person you have cared for and the effects, impact, influence on you.
- Reflect on the importance of building a trusting relationship.
- Reflect on your coping strategies, how would you or did you cope with the challenges experienced.Journal No. 2: Reflect on interpersonal issues and importance of respecting diversity within the care sector, Guidelines for this journal would involve addressing each of the following:
- Reflect on knowledge of the diverse needs of people in need of care and why it is important to be aware of diversity.
- Reflect on key interpersonal skills required to work with clients who have diverse needs and areas you feel you can improve on.
Journal No. 3: Reflection on key interpersonal skills as a care worker. Guidelines for this journal would include addressing, strengths, challenges, level of competence in the following areas:
- Practical skills.
- Safeguarding the clients’ privacy and dignity.
- Empathy and respect.
- Maintaining client confidentiality.
- The importance of promoting independence and self-esteem for the client.
Journal No. 4: Reflect on your personal effectiveness as a care worker.
In this journal reflect on your personal strengths and weakness in each of the following areas below and identify how you can improve on same.
- Communication skills (non-verbal, verbal, reporting, documentation).
- Punctuality & Time management.
- Coping with stress.
- Relationship with co-workers /peers /management.
- Organisational skills.
- Receiving guidance, feedback and direction.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Reflective Practice and professional development.
February 2, 2023
February 2, 2023