7BUS2042 Analytics For Operations And Logistics Management,
Analytics for Operations and Logistics Management
Learning Outcome 1: Evaluate the role of data and analytics in adding value to a variety of organisation
Learning Outcome 2: Explore the need for competence in operations and logistics management and be aware of its impact on business performance
Learning Outcome 3: Appraise the appropriate use of business analytics to support operational decision making to create and add value to a business.
Learning Outcome 4: Formulate and evaluate operations and logistics management issues to be able to determine which business analytical technique is most beneficial
Learning Outcome 5: Critique the importance of information sharing within the organisation and appraise the impact of this information on decision-making within an organisation
Description of the assignment, task, content, and structure:
Logi Service is a provider of logistic service for SME organisations. In recent times due to many successful marketing initiatives, they have been successful in securing many service contracts with reputed retailers in the UK. In order to support this operation, the management changed the business processes radically to reduce the delivery times and to enhance customer experience. Some of other changes include investing in digital technologies including data analytics software, easy to operate digital handled operators and state-of-the-art web interface for end customers as well as its direct clients. The employees currently are extremely happy with existing processes and the teams they belong to. The new change requires many employees to improve their digital skills as many lack digital literacy skills.
As a very knowledgeable business analyst and intelligence consultant, you have been contacted by the board of Logi Service through a recruitment firm, to help institute this change and create a sense of urgency among the employees through training that will result to quick wins, ranging from technological, organizational, human to cultural aspect including processes and information flows of the business systems.
The firm has also, allowed you to assess the operations of their major global partner, including the customer databases, sales and profits acrossregions and cities. And finally,the company handed over to you a CSV Superstore database folder containing information about their global business operations.
Your tasks are highlighted in two parts:
– Using any favorite charts of yours, the board wantyouto design an executive Dashboard, and track and display any 3 of the 5listed KPI’s:
1) Customer segment
2) Product category
4) Profit by province
5) Shipping cost
Note: The Superstore database table has been provided via your school email and can be downloaded from Canvas site. The designed Dashboard must be presented and submitted in Word/PDF file.
– Write a critical report appraising the importance of integration of data analytics software and business intelligence platform such as Power BI, in enhancing business operations and performance, and clearly recommend with logical reasons why you think that the knowledge of these data-driven techniques and their applications are the best digital literacy skillsets that Logi Service employees required to support and drive the above change.
The report: Maximum of 2500 words excluding codes, charts, and references; codes can be given in appendices)
This report should
- A separate cover page indicating the title of theproject, your full nameand module code
- An introduction section explaining the problem and how you intend to approach it.
- Explanations of Power Bi3 Main features -Interface, Workflow and Query environment
- Identification of the concepts of Fact and Dimension tables relationship
- An explanations and analysis of the KPI’s in the Dashboard design showing the intelligence applications for the organisations’ continuous performance improvement.
- The proposed benefits that can be realized by the new system (i.e., interpretation of the result in terms of its relevance to Logi service’s challenges)
- A reflection section that describes (using Gibb’s reflective framework):
a) what did you learn that you did not imagine you would have? if you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?)
c) any final comments and conclusions
February 2, 2023
February 2, 2023