Analyze and describe your mural of choice in terms of form and content (we will cover these during the next few class sessions)
This is your opportunity to really learn how to appreciate art. The best way to appreciate something is to be passionate about your subject, as I am about teaching this subject. So here is what you are asked to do:
- You should be able to select a mural after the mural tour that you want to focus on for your paper – use your own visual clues to make your decision, is it the story behind the work that you resonate with or is it the look and style of the work – whatever you relate to, I want you to tap into that so when you are writing, you are also invested in the outcome.
- If you miss the tour or you would like a refresher, you can watch the pre-recorded mural tours below featuring the works by Case Maclaim, 2018, Lauren (Lolo) YS, 2018, Leon Keer, 2018 and Max Sansing, 2019. Links to an external site.
- Look at the SLO’s below and write your response in a typed Word doc or in the text field addressing both 1 and 2 below.
Course Goals: Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze and describe your mural of choice in terms of form and content (we will cover these during the next few class sessions)
- Evaluate the connections between artistic, cultural, social, religious, economic, and/or political developments, (this can be your own interpretation based on your own knowledge and understanding of one or more of these connections.)
Pick one of the murals to write about.
Paper due date is November 19th, 2022
The photos of the murals can be found here.
February 2, 2023
February 2, 2023