BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation
|Course/Programme:||BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation|
|Level: Foundation Year 0 (Level 0) Year 2 Level 4 Year 3 Level 5 Year 4 Level 6||Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)|
|Module Title:||Context of Business|
|Module Leader:||Guru Srinivasan|
|Assignment title:||Context of Business|
|Weighting:||100% of overall module grade|
|Date given out:||September 201|
|Submission date:||15thÂ November 2021|
|For late submission, please check CCCU Taught regulation (page 28 on late submission) and Extenuating Policy:||CCCU Taught regulation
CCCU Extenuating Circumstances Policy
|Method of submission:||Online only||Online and paper copy|
|Special instructions for submission (if any):|
|Date for results and feedback (please note the final grade is subject to the main CCCU assessment Board)|
|Learning outcomes assessed:||1. Understand the dynamic and changing nature of business and the consideration of the future of organisations within the global business environment|
|2. Identify the need for individuals and organisations to manage responsibly and sustainably and behave ethically in relation to social, cultural, economic and environmental issues|
|3. Discuss leadership, management and development of peopleÂ|
|4. Discuss the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment to meet stakeholder interests|
The penalty to be applied to late course work, which will include course work where the work is graded on a pass/fail basis and it is possible to give a numerical mark, will be 5 per cent (of the eligible marks) per day, for up to seven days, after which a mark of 0 will be recorded.
Businesses employ number of strategies to gain competitive advantage over their competitors. Many times the outcome is influenced by the strategies of their competitors, changes in the business environment and ability of the leadership influences the businessesâ€™ strategy and response. There is also increasing importance of CSR is also influencing business like never seen before.
Assessment TaskÂ Description
For this assignment, you are required to select any company from the list given below (Focus only on their UK operations) and perform the following tasks.
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Marks and Spencer
- Sports Direct
- Perform a SWOT and PESTEL analysis for chosen company.
- From the analysis in task 1, in your opinion, evaluate how the changes in PESTEL factors has influenced the Opportunities and Threats business. Critically comment on how the company is addressing their Strengths to negate Threats and Weakness affecting their Opportunities.
- Recommend a suitable leadership style from Daniel Golemanâ€™s (2000) leadership styles that according to you will help them meet their business objectives. Justify your choice using appropriate literature and examples.
- Critically comment on their Corporate Social Responsibilities in the processes using evidence from your research.
Goleman, D, â€œLeadership that gets resultsâ€, Harvard Business Review, March-April2000 p 82-83
3000 words Maximum
Format and Layout
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
- Writing:Â Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
- Focus:Â Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
- Document format:Â Report
- Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
- Research:Â Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected â€“ academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Please refer to CCCUÂ General Assessment Grading CriteriaÂ and rubric
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6
CAPE5330: You have completed RTD experiments on each of the reactors: Advanced Reaction Engineering Coursework, UOL, UK
November 28, 2022
A critical argument of relevant supply chain models/concepts from multiple sources, (supported by references) have to underpin discussion.
November 28, 2022