BBMK504: Analyse Brand Based on the six (6) building blocks of the Brand Resonance Model
Internal Code: 1IIDG Topics Assessed
- Lecture 2.1: Brand Resonance and the Brand Value Chain
- Lecture 2.2: Brand Elements
Learning Objectives (a,b,d from unit outline)
- Understand the appropriate concepts, theories and techniques related to the important issues in brand management operations.
- Plan and manage a team project conducting a brand assessment, analysis and development for a good or services/non-profit or profit organisation.
- Critique, add value to and integrate brand equity management practices for brands.
For Part A of this project, student teams of 2 or 3 will be
allocated one brand
. Each group is then required to prepare a presentation on 2 topics: Brand Resonance Model and Brand Elements.
Brand Resonance Model
- Analyse your brand based on the six (6) building blocks of the brand resonance model as discussed in Lecture 2.1. Refer to the journal ‘Building Customer-Based Brand Equity: A Blueprint for Creating Strong Brands” by Kevin Lane Keller posted in the “Assessment Folder” on Moodle to assist you.
- Analyse your brand based on the seven (7) brand elements as discussed in Lecture 2.2.
- Assess the brand elements against the six (6) criteria’s for choosing brand elements.
The presentation will be held in Session 4.1, It comprises a 10min presentation (submit both a hardcopy and softcopy via Turnitin). Summarize the findings in a concise and graphically appealing way. This is your chance to highlight and enhance the collected information.
Group Written Report
Part B of the brand management strategy involves a written report of your presentation for your allocated brand.
The report is due Sunday of Week 4 The total word-limit for Part B is 1000 +/- 10% words per individual (excluding executive summary, cover page, references and appendices). Please include a cover page that states: Subject Code and Name, Student Number and Full Name, and Work Distribution.
Report Outline Executive Summary
- State the objectives of the report
- Include relevant background for your brand (include positioning of brand)
- Include a scope of the report
- Brand Resonance Model
- Summarize the brands strength and weaknesses against each building block of the model.
- Critique of brand elements
- Summarize the strengths and weaknesses of your brand’s current brand element strategy based on the six criteria’s presented.
- Restate the objective of your essay, or your research statement.
- Summarize the key points of your report.
- Adhere to Harvard Referencing guidelines
- Include minimum 4 academic
January 28, 2023