Subject Code & Title : Contemporary Issues Case Study
Word Count : 2000 words +/- 10%
Assignment Type : Case Study Essay
On completion of this unit, you should be able to:
Understand and demonstrate, through critical appraisal, knowledge of the changing nature of work, identifying future trends in organisations and workplace management.
Contemporary Issues Case Study Essay – UK.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Based on the case study of ITUSA provided, please write an essay:
• Draft a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) model based on ITUSA’s decision to enter the specialist software market previously occupied by Te call
• Using this analysis critically analyse the effect on ITUSA of bringing twenty-five specialist software IT ex-employees of Te call into the ITSUA global working environment
Your essay should be based on an analysis of the issues affecting contemporary organisations, some of which are detailed in the case study.
Your analysis must be supported by appropriate theory and research. The essay should also provide practical recommendations where appropriate to address the issues you have highlighted in your essay.
• Apply knowledge and understanding of the key issues impacting the work environment and apply theory to practice.
• Critically analyse how the HR function overcomes these challenges.
• Avoid excessive description and provide a critical analysis of the issue(s) you have identified Your essay should be succinct, relevant and well-structured. Your topic may pose more than one questions so make sure you answer all
the parts comprehensively. Do not only rely on lecture notes for your assignments – go back to original sources. Evidence of wide reading will gain better marks.Use references accurately and have Harvard Style reference at the end of your work,
• This assignment will give you an opportunity to review and critique academic research and organisational practice and examine the way the wide range of people related practice have changed and will continue to change. You will develop a better understanding of the challenges facing the HR function and some of the innovative approaches that will continue to be necessary now and in the future. It will clarify the links between effective people management and organisational performance.
As this assignment also requires you to develop solutions to challenges identified, you will be able to practice weighing up alternative solutions to scenario problems based on your understanding of theory and practice and make suggestions accordingly. This will help you to develop both your critical thinking and problem-solving skills.