Describe slavery in South Carolina- what was it like? What was unique about it?
After reviewing the materials, please compose a short written summary of the background information that you think is most important for understanding the 1739 Stono Revolt. This short writing assignment does not need to have an introduction or conclusion. The response should use complete sentences and organize the relevant information into paragraphs. All sources should be cited.
The summary should cover the following points:
1. How widespread was the use of slavery in the British colonies by 1739?
2. Describe slavery in South Carolina- what was it like? What was unique about it?
3. What kinds of laws governed slavery?
4. How was Spanish Florida different?
You may add any additional information that you think is relevant, or that you think you may find useful later.
1. Chapter 3 of The American Yawp:
2. The Colonial South PowerPoint Presentation Provided in the uploaded file.