Discuss relationship between theory, research, & EBP
What my professor emailed me: The article that you are supposed to find for your peer review journal article assignment, should be a nursing research article that utilizes a nursing theorist. Many of you sent me an article addressing a nursing theorist that detailed the theory. While these articles are very important and you should read them to understand the theory better, you need to submit specifically a research article. If you have difficulty finding one, check the references from the theory articles you read. They probably address research studies to support the detailed theory article. I attached is an example of what a peer reviewed research article that utilizes a nursing theory article, should look like and include. Khademian, Z.; Ara, F. K.; Gholamzadeh, S. (2019). The effect of self-care education based on Orem’s nursing theory on quality of life and self-efficacy in patients with hypertension: A quasi-experimental study, IJCBNM, 8, 2. Note the following about this article:
1. It is from a peer reviewed nursing journal. Look up the name of the journal and read about it. [You can look the parameters for submitting an article or it may state a peer review journal.]
2. It is a research article, the title states “a quasi-experimental experimental study”.
3. Read the abstract and it should address the research study, “The present study aimed to determine the effect of ….
4. It should state in the abstract (or title but not always) the nursing theorist that it follows. “The results showed that training self-care based on Orem’s theory can improve the quality of life of patients with hypertension.”
5. If you read the last paragraph in the “Introduction”, right before the “Methods” section, you will see: “Therefore, the present study aimed to determine the effect of self-care education based on Orem’s nursing theory on the quality of life and self-efficacy in patients with hypertension.” This tells you what you need to know.
An example of a nursing theory article (also attached) that addresses the theory but is not research. Watson, J. (2009). Caring science and human caring theory: Transforming personal and professional practices of nursing and healthcare, JHHSA, Vol #, No #, pg 466.
1. Is it a peer reviewed article? Probably
2. The title states, “Caring science and human caring theory: Transforming personal and professional practices of nursing and healthcare”. Nothing about research or a study or a type of research study.
3. The abstract states, “This article explores some of the latest developments of the emergence of Caring Science as the moral, theoretical, and philosophical foundation for nursing, leading to transformative personal/professional practices…” It does not say anything about research, or investigation, or a tyoe of research study. It states it that it ..”explores the Caring Science and philosophical foun for nursing. It is a theory article.
4. The author of the article (Jean Watson) tells you who the nursing theorist is.
5. This theory article does not have the same subtitles as the research article. [I.E. there is no “Methods” section, or “Results” section. DIRECTIONS: select 1 peer reviewed journal article required for this assignment. The student will define the terms and discuss the relationship between a specific theoretical framework, research and evidence-based practice (EBP). This will be a two or three page paper; a hard copy to be handed into the faculty and a word document attachment to be emailed. Grading will be as follows:
Define theory as it relates to framework in article 10 points Define research as it relates to framework in article 10 points Define EBP as it relates to framework in article 10 points Discuss relationship between theory, research, & EBP 30 points Cite specific examples from article 30 points Sentence structure, punctuation, spelling, grammar & APA 10 points
CAPE5330: You have completed RTD experiments on each of the reactors: Advanced Reaction Engineering Coursework, UOL, UK
November 28, 2022
A critical argument of relevant supply chain models/concepts from multiple sources, (supported by references) have to underpin discussion.
November 28, 2022