Take a minute to think about the health-promotion and disease-prevention issue you chose to focus on at the outset of this course. Now bring to mind the problem and target population you identified. The program design and evaluation planning you have engaged in throughout this course have served an important purposeâ€”not only of furthering your own knowledge and expertise, but of contributing toward an understanding of these significant topics and furthering collective progress toward important goals.
As a DNP-prepared nurse, you have an ethical and professional obligation to disseminate findings. This Discussion seeks to facilitate your professional growth by asking you to assess and reflect on the success of your program design, the challenges you have encountered, and the ethical considerations that may warrant additional attention.
- How has your understanding of the Â Â Â Â Â national health-promotion and disease-prevention issue and your selected Â Â Â Â Â problem and target population developed over the past several weeks? How Â Â Â Â Â has your perception changed, if at all?
- Critically evaluate the pros and cons Â Â Â Â Â of the program you have designed. Based on what you have learned in this Â Â Â Â Â course, as well as your professional experiences, do you think your Â Â Â Â Â program would address the problem for the target population? Would the Â Â Â Â Â benefits outweigh the costs?
- Examine the ethical implications of Â Â Â Â Â the program you have designed. What questions, concerns, and/or insights Â Â Â Â Â do you have?
- As a nurse engaged in advance Â Â Â Â Â practice, which venues would be viable for disseminating the results of Â Â Â Â Â your program design and evaluation? What audience would be most interested Â Â Â Â Â in these findings? Identify at least one professional journal to which you Â Â Â Â Â could publish the results of your program design and evaluation, as well Â Â Â Â Â as at least one other venue for disseminating results.
By tomorrow Tuesday 2/5/19 8 am, write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references. Include the level 1 headers as numbered below:
PostÂ a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) Assess your program design and evaluation, including the ethical implications of the program you have developed.
2) Identify at least one professional journal (e.g.Â Oncology Nursing Forum, American Journal of Health Education etcâ€¦)Â in which you could publish the results of your program design and evaluation.
3) Describe at least one other venue that could provide a valuable forum for disseminating results.
Abualula, N., Jacobsen, K., Milligan, R., Rodan, M., & Conn, V. (2016).Â Evaluating diabetes educational interventions with a skill development component in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: A systematic review focusing on quality of life. Diabetes Nurse Educator, 42(5), 515â€“527.
Reynolds, N., Satyanarayana, V., Duggal, M., Varghese, M., Liberti, L., Singh, P., Ranganathan, M., Jeon, S., & Chandra, P. (2016).Â The citation is missing the article title. MAHILA: a protocol for evaluating a nurse-delivered mHealth intervention for women with HIV and psychosocial risk factors in India. BMC Health Services
Reeves, M., Terranova, C., Erickson, J., Job, J., Brookes, D., McCarthy, N., Hickman, I., Lawler, S., Fjeldsoe, B., Healy, G., Winkler, E., Janda, M., Veerman, L., Ware, R., Prins, J., Vos, T., Demark-Wajnefried, W., & Eakin, E. (2016).Â Living well after breast cancer randomized controlled trial protocol: evaluating a telephone-delivered weight loss intervention versus usual care in women following treatment for breast cancer. BMC Cancer, 16, 830