Evaluate the effectiveness of the key elements of Human Resource Management in an organisation.
The case study assessment report should cover then following:
1. An overview of the organisation.
2. An explanation on the purpose of the HR function and the key roles and responsibilities of the HR function.
3. An assessment of the approach to workforce planning, recruitment and selection, development and training, performance management and reward systems.
4. The approach to and effectiveness of employee relations and employee engagement, and comment on the adoption of flexible organisation and flexible working practice and ‘employer of choice’.
5. Analysis of the internal and external factors that affect Human Resource Management decision- making, including key areas of employment legislation
6. An application of the Human Resource Management practices in a work-related context.
LO1 Explain the purpose and scope of Human Resource Management in terms of resourcing in your chosen organisation with talent and skills appropriate to fulfil business objectives.
You are required to write a brief overview of your chosen organisation and then explain the purpose and the functions of HRM, applicable to workforce planning and resources in your chosen organisation. You should identify and explain the HR to fulfil the objectives of your chosen organisation.
Using examples from your chosen organisation, explain the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to recruitment and selection. You should also critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to recruitment and selection using suitable theories and models.
LO2 Evaluate the effectiveness of the key elements of Human Resource Management in an organisation
You are required to explain how different HRM practices benefit the management and employees of your chosen organisation. You should also evaluate the effectiveness of different HRM practices in your chosen organisation in terms of raising organisational profit and productivity.
You should explore different methods used in HRM practices and evaluate their application, using specific examples from your chosen organisation.
LO3 Analyse internal and external factors that affect Human Resource Management decision- making, including employment legislation
Using your chosen organisation, analyse the importance of employee relations in influencing HRM decision-making.
You are required to identify the key elements of employment legislation and the impact it has upon HRM decision-making in your chosen organisation. You should also identify the key aspects of employee relations management and employment legislations.
December 6, 2022
December 6, 2022