· Develop effective documentation skills for group therapy sessions *
· Develop diagnoses for clients receiving group psychotherapy *
· Evaluate the efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy for groups *
· Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders *
Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a group therapy session. Note: The two clients you select must have attended the same group session.
Then, in your Practicum Journal, address the following:
· Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning Resources, document the group session (see attachment).
· Describe each client (without violating HIPAA regulations), and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for each client. (very important to use
· Explain whether cognitive behavioral therapy would be effective with this group. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach.
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
· Support your approach with evidence-based literature.