SE937: The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma In The Principles And Practice For: Pharmacy Technicians Assignment, MTU, Ireland
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy
Technicians is for learners who are employed in the role of pre-registration trainee pharmacy technician.
Pharmacy technicians are registered professionals working within the regulatory standards for pharmacy, as set by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) Pharmacy Order 2010.
Pharmacy technicians work in a wide range of settings, including (but not exclusively): registered pharmacies, community services, justice (the Prison Service), GP practices, dispensing doctors’ practices, care homes and clinical commissioning groups, hospitals, mental health, defence (Her Majesty’s Armed Forces) and in the pharmaceutical industry.
Pharmacy technicians manage the supply of medicines and devices in a pharmacy, and assist pharmacists with advisory services. The actual work setting will determine the specific areas of activity that the pharmacy technician undertakes, but typically their role will include the following:
- Providing safe and effective pharmacy services
- Supplying medicines and devices to patients, whether on prescription or
over the counter
- Achieving the best outcomes through a patient’s medicines
- Assembling medicines for prescriptions
- Providing information to patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Managing areas of medicines supply such as dispensaries
- Supervising other pharmacy staff
- Answering customers’ questions face to face or by phone
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Referring problems or queries to the pharmacist.
The mission of Unilever is to meet the nutrition, hygiene, and personal care of consumers across the globe: Managing a Successful Business Case Study, OU, UK
December 8, 2022
December 8, 2022