Dec 19, 2021
LO1 Understand the Process of Strategic Planning
Q 1.1Define the terms and explain the meaning of the terms mission, vision, objectives, goals and core competences for a company like FUJITSU.
- Define each of the terms mission, vision, objectives, goals and core competences
- Provide evidence of Fijitsus mission, vision, objectives, goals and core competences
Q.1.2What are the thre key strategic planning issues that FUJITSU has had to manage over its history?
- Define at strategy planning
- Describe least three planning problems
- Provide examples of problems within internal analysis, external analysis or business level strategy
Q.1.3Describe and explain two different planning techniques that FUJITSU could use in future.
- Explain and describe two different planning techniques e.g. the BCG, SPACE, PIMS or stakeholder mapping
LO 2 Be Able to Formulate a New Strategy
Q 2.1 Conduct a SWOT Analysis of the FUJITSU corporation.
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for your chosen corporation
- Complete the table below
Q 2.2Carry out a PESTEL Analysis for FUJITSU and evaluate the current challenges within the FUJITSU business environment.
- Describe the factors of PESTEL Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal
- Provide an example of each for your corporation
- Present the answers in the table below
Q 2.3 Conduct a stakeholder analysis for FUJITSU and explain how strategic positioning is used to help gain competitive advantage.
- Describe the term stakeholder
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis for FUJITSU
- Describe why strategic positioning is important within this organisation.
LO3 Understand Approaches to Strategy Evaluation to Strategy Evaluation & Selection
Q 3.1 Analyse the various strategic options available to FUJITSU which will promote organisational growth.
- Discuss market entry strategies, for example, organic growth, growth by merger or acquisition or strategic alliances strategies
- Discuss substantive growth strategies which can include related and unrelated diversification.
- Discuss limited growth strategies including strategies such as market penetration and market development
- Discuss disinvestment strategies including turnaround strategies, divestment and liquidation.
Q 3.2 From your analysis in Q3.1, recommend an appropriate growth strategy for FUJITSU for the future.
- Include an introduction, background, advantages and disadvantages of various options with evidence from FIJITSU and the business environment
LO 4 Understand How to Implement a Chosen Strategy
Q 4.1 Using your answer in Q3.2, create an implementation plan for the recommended future strategy for FUJITSU.
- a list of implementation activities
- benchmark targets
- a discussion about the teams you require
- examples of individual roles required to achieve the SMART objectives within the plan
Q 4.2 Describe and evaluate the resources required to implement the new strategy from answer Q3.2
- Describe how to carry out a human resources audit
- Describe how to carry out a financial resources audit
- Evaluate the resource requirements
Q 4.3 From your responses in Q4.1 & Q4.2 create a Gantt Chart that shows the activities required and timescale for the implementation of the recommended future strategy of Q3.2
Propose targets and timescales which you would use to monitor the implementation plan
- Formulate a Project plan and present it in a Gantt Chart (MS Project software available in LSST computers)