BSS017-2 Sustainable Business Management Assignment – UK
What am I required to do in this assignment?
This is an individual assessment.
Each student should ONLY submit an e-copy online using BREO’s Turnitin link. Please follow the instructions provided in BREO’s Assignment folder. Your work will NOT be assessed if you fail to submit a copy online.
The University of Bedfordshire uses a plagiarism-detecting tool (Turnitin) for all written assignments. Any attempt to plagiarise your work will be detected and penalised.
You will be marked as a fail if you have missed the deadline for submission. Any student that fails to follow above specifications will NOT be assessed.
Non-submitted reports will be marked as “No Attempt” which is a “0” (G).
Background: Sustainability in business has become very topical. After COP26 governments and industry have been challenged to do everything possible to incorporate sustainability into their operations. The UK government for example has come up with a 2050 Net Zero target.
Requirement: Use the case study (JOHN LEWIS) provided to write a formal academic report that discusses the following –
1. Outline Five Sustainable challenges faced by businesses.
2. Discuss possible solutions for these challenges outlined.
3. Link these challenges and solutions to the triple bottom line approach
This means you should demonstrate your understanding of the triple bottom line approach by applying the theoretical ideas covered in the unit teaching and readings. You must make sure you anchor your research on the case study in academic theory. You need to use good sources of information and correctly reference the source of your ideas.
Note: You must build on not repeat work from your first assessment. The purpose here is to demonstrate continued and deeper research and understanding. Resubmitted work will not be marked
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
Submit your work through BREO by the deadline
• Produce a report evidencing individual research using academic journals listed in the UIF and research about the challenges business face in relation to sustainability.
• Demonstrate your application of knowledge about how sustainability poses at least two areas of threats and opportunities to the case study business
• Carry out individual research on a real-life issue of business sustainability and report on practical solutions to business. Evidence critical reasoning using Harvard style of referencing
January 28, 2023