Oct 20, 2021
Organizational Issues and Solutions
Leaders address issues and propose solutions. As a leader, you’ll need to stay on top of events that may facilitate or hinder productivity. You must create and implement solutions to address these issues.
In the assignment preparation, you chose an organization, described its organizational issue, and identified how it hinders organization efficiency. This assignment exposes you to complex modern organizational challenges. The solutions you devise should reflect your learning and research of organizational and individual influences in the workplace.
The new CEO has selected your consulting firm to provide an analysis of the organizational efficiency.
Write a 2–3 page, double-spaced paper in which you will present to the CEO your findings during your research steps. You must propose strategic solutions in your paper to include the following:
- Describe the organization and the issue to resolve:
- Provide a brief description of the organization you selected.
- Present the organizational issue that adversely affected productivity and that you, the consultant, will review and resolve.
- This information can be summarized from your assignment preparation last week. Make sure to incorporate any feedback that you received from your instructor.
- Analyze current corporate culture:
- How has the current corporate culture facilitated the development of the current issue? Research the organization, dig into the culture, and analyze how it contributed to this issue. Hint: Review the mission and vision statements as well as the corporate Web site.
- Identify areas of weakness:
- What are the organization’s areas of weakness as they relate to the issue? Apply your research on organizational behavior approaches to aspects of corporate culture—such as diversity, teamwork, and motivational strategies—to help identify the areas of weakness.
- Propose solutions:
- What organizational practices would you modify? What solutions would you recommend to management that would help solve the identified weaknesses? As a consultant, you will identify the suggestions and solutions you would present to the organization’s leadership with regard to modifying current organizational practices to resolve the issue.
- References and citations:
- Provide at least two quality resources such as the course textbook, a company Web site, business Web sites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, and/or outside sources. Note: Wikipedia and Web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
- You can find in-depth and quality company information using the Nexis Uni database through the Strayer University Online Library.
- In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
- Formatting and writing standards:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Confidentiality:Since you will be addressing real issues in real organizations in your assignments, it is important to respect confidentiality. Feel free to use an alias for any company or individuals you might mention in your assignments. Remember that all discussions about these organization should only occur within this course and not be shared with people outside the course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose a solution for an organizational culture issue.