Assignment: Travel Administration Sports
Create: (A) a single trip itinerary (doubled spaced text) for a fictitious athletic team and (B) Explain why an athletic program (i.e., team) should make a comprehensive travel itinerary.
Part A: In detail identify all travel categories associated with your team`s Travel Itinerary (see below).
1) Trip Date(s): Identify specific dates for travel
2) Trip Location(s): Present place of each athletic event
3) Competition Times and Locations: Include relevant date/time for athletic event as well as physical address for athletic event`s facility.
4) Practice Times and Locations: Include relevant date/time for athletic practice(s) as well as physical address for athletic practice`s facility.
5) Departure Times: Identify relevant departure times (e.g., leaving hotel to athletic facility) occurring during travel (i.e., trip).
6) Arrival Times: present pertinent arrival times (e.g., arrive at hotel) occurring throughout travel.
7) Flight Information (if applicable): Identify exact flight information e.g., airline`s name, flight number, scheduled flight departure time, as well as projected arrival time at destination.
8) Accommodations: Include hotel`s name, address, phone number, and contact name for hotel (e.g., manager). Include a hypothetical confirmation number for lodging within travel itinerary.
9) Bus Line (if applicable): Provide bus company`s name, phone number, and contact name for bus company (e.g., supervisor).
10) Miscellaneous Information: (e.g., include a travel roster, contact information for coaching staff or team`s director of operations).
Be sure to include all category requirements for a Travel Itinerary. A student can be creative regarding the team, location of the trip, mode(s) of transportation, and times associated with the team`s travel. The trip will be scheduled for three days (i.e., Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). Provide a daily itinerary. Present each day`s scheduled activities separately (i.e., daily format). Each student will select the type of team, destination, and number of people traveling on this trip. Provide specific information concerning travel arrangements, lodging, meals, and any additional pertinent information. (e.g., roster of individuals traveling). The Travel Itinerary must be specific, realistic, and accurate.
Part B: Within the same MS Word document, provide a 1-2 page (double spaced text) explanation indicating why an athletic program (i.e., team) should make a comprehensive travel itinerary.